Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Earn Nook Miles (Quickly & Easily)
To make sure players get the most bang for their buck, here are the quickest and easiest ways to earn Nook Miles in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
In real life, pulling out weeds and fishing up garbage would seem like a total bore, but in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, even the most simple tasks are made rewarding through reward systems. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the newest installment of the Animal Crossing franchise for the Nintendo Switch, tasking players with breathing life into a deserted island by rewarding Nook Miles for every little thing they do!
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Nook Miles is a currency that can be earned by completing challenges related to everyday tasks around the formerly deserted island, including visiting friends, chopping down trees, and successfully catching bugs. To make sure players get the most bang for their buck, here are the quickest and easiest ways to earn Nook Miles in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to Earn Nook Miles In Animal Crossing New Horizons
There are two major ways that players can earn Nook Miles in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The first is to work towards completing long term accomplishments that reward higher amounts of Nook Miles, while the second is to complete small single instance tasks that usually reward fewer Nook Miles.
The long term achievements that reward Nook Miles are focused on the most basic tasks of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, progressively increasing the requirements to act as benchmarks for the player. Here are a few of the tasks that players should focus on that will also help towards developing the island:
- Angling for Perfection – Catch fish
- Island Ichthyologist – Catch unique fish types
- You’ve Got the Bug – Catch bugs
- Bugs Don’t Bug Me – Catch unique bug types
- DIY Tools – Craft tools
- Rough-hewn – Chop wood from trees
- Fossil Assessment – Gets fossils assessed
- Greedy Weeder – Pull and sell weeds
- Pick of the Bunch – Sell fruit
- Go Ahead. Be Shellfish! – Sell shells
The small tasks reward Nook Miles for completing simple chores that can be accomplished in a single day with Nook Miles+ or for accomplishing something for the first time. Nook Miles+ becomes available once the player has paid Nook the 5,000 miles for moving onto the island. Nook Miles+ challenges change daily and allow the player to complete lots of smaller tasks to earn Nook Miles over time. Players should always aim to complete the first set of Nook Miles+ challenges on any given day, seeing as they are given a multiplier onto the number of Nook Miles they reward. There are also regular Nook Miles tasks that the player will get for accomplishing something for the first time. Here are a few easy single completion tasks that can help players rack up quick Nook Miles:
- Rock-Splitting Champ – Break a rock
- Bona Fide Bone Finder – Find a fossil
- Island Shutterbug – Take a photo
- Edit Credit – Edit passport
- First-Time Buyer – Buy an item
- Seller of Unwanted Items – Sell an item
- No More Loan Payments! – Pay off the first of home loans
- Faint of Heart – Get attacked by a tarantula or scorpion
- Lost Treasure – Shoot down a balloon and have it fall into the water